Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Authors must be undergraduates or recent graduates (within six months of graduation) when the manuscript is submitted.
- All manuscripts must be submitted by the student author(s) through the online system.
- An initial letter to the editor is sent to the editorial team describing the submission, contact information for the author(s) and any additional information the editorial team may need to know.
- Once the student manuscript has be submitted, the instructor must email a note to the editor (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating that the essay was written by the student.
- Manuscript submissions should be double-spaced, size 12 point font, Times New Roman font. Exceptions to this guideline include Research Done in Partnership with a Community Organization as well as Open Category submissions in diverse formats.
- Indicate the category for which you are submitting your manuscript.
- All submissions that cite sources must follow the American Psychological Association Style 6th Edition for documenting sources in the text and in the References page.
- All authors/researchers utilizing human subjects in their research must have obtained informed consent from the participants. The Undergraduate Journal of Service Learning and Community-Based Research encourages undergraduate researchers to discuss with their faculty mentors how their projects can be structured to safeguard the rights and privacy of individuals involved as research subjects.
- Include the author's name, address, institutional affiliation, e-mail address (make sure you can be reached at this email if you are graduating) and phone number with your submission.
- By submitting a manuscript here you are affirming that it has not been or will not be published elsewhere, and it is not currently under review anywhere else.
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is double-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.